So What Should We Eat?
Trying to keep these foods from entering your children’s little bodies may seem difficult, but it’s worth the effort. Here are a few tips to minimize your processed food intake:
- Always read the label before making a purchase
- Eat more whole foods (foods closest to their natural state)
- Avoid processed meats (hot dogs, sausages, bacon, etc.)
- Opt for whole-grain when shopping for bread, pasta, rice, cereal, and crackers
- Visit your local farmer’s market for fresh fruits and vegetables