Get ready for a “2-day parade of epic deals!” Amazon Prime Day is the double-duty Black Friday for Amazon subscribers, and this July 15th and 16th, it’s going to be the biggest one yet. Besides big savings on tech, home goods, and school essentials, Amazon will be rolling out exclusive new products for sale during Prime Day only. Want to make the most of this annual event? It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3.
1. Become a Prime member
Prime Day deals are exclusive to Prime members, so make sure to sign up for only $12.99 a month, or start a 30-day free trial. If you’re a student or EBT/Medicaid card holder, the monthly membership is half price. Take advantage of unlimited 2-day shipping, and same-day or even 2-hour delivery in selected areas.
As an added bonus, families can save 20% off baby food and diaper subscriptions with a Prime membership, and score discounted groceries at Whole Foods Market. With Amazon Fresh, you can get unlimited produce for just $14.99 a month– and you can even invite family members to share your Prime benefits, for free.
If that’s not enough, a Prime membership also comes with entertainment for all ages — access to Amazon’s collection of TV, movies, video games, over 2 million songs ad-free, and over a thousand books, magazines, and comics.
2. Preview Deals with the Amazon App
Up until Prime Day, Amazon is releasing daily, app-exclusive sneak peeks for some of the best deals. After downloading the Amazon app on your smartphone, make sure you have app notifications turned on in your phone’s main settings. Then open the app and:
- Tap the Amazon app’s main menu (three bars in the upper left corner)
- Tap “Settings”
- Tap “Notifications”
- Switch on “Personalized Notifications”
Amazon will be able to send you exclusive “sneak peek” deals based on your shopping activity, so you can make the most of Prime Day when it comes.
3. Score Extra Savings
If 2 days of deals isn’t enough, prepare by earning some extra Amazon credit.
- Earn a $10 credit when you sign into the Amazon app for the first time, and another $10 after your first in-app purchase.
- Install Amazon Assistant to get desktop notifications on your favorite deals, and get $10 off your next order over $50.
- Spend $10 at Whole Foods Market online or in stores between July 3-16 and get $10 on Amazon just for Prime Day.
- Get a $10 bonus when you reload $100 or more to your Amazon Gift Card balance.
Amazon Prime Day Sources:
Amazon.com Prime Day Guide 2019