With many restaurants closed or sticking to delivery/pick-up only, people are left with some serious cravings for their favorite foods. Luckily for Subway cookies fans everywhere, Subway UK & Ireland released the recipe for their double chocolate chip cookie. We’ve got the recipe for you quarantined bakers out there.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- Salted butter, 9 tablespoons
- Light brown sugar, 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar, 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- 1 medium egg
- All-purpose flour, 1 cup
- Cocoa powder, 2 1/3 tablespoons
- Baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon
- White chocolate chips/chunks, 1/2 cup
- Milk chocolate chips/chunks, 1 cup
- Salt, 1/4 teaspoon (optional if using salted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugars. Using a wooden spoon, cream the mixture until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Lightly beat the egg and vanilla together, and add to the butter mixture a little at a time, beating until well combined.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, fold through the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda until just combined. Finally, add the white and milk chocolate chips, mixing until evenly distributed. Be careful not to overwork the mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, divide the mixture into 16 golfball-size portions. Roll into a ball and place onto the lined baking trays, spaced at least 5cm apart. Depending on the size of the trays, this may need to be done in batches.
- Bake for 12 minutes until well spread and just set on the surface. The cookies will still be quite soft, but will firm up as they cool. Leave on the tray for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
If you want a video to follow along on your baking endeavors, check out the one down below.